Thursday, February 18, 2010

Krakauer did a good job writing this book; however, I feel that he is kind of biased in his writings. Instead of staying objective and using a the same level of pathos,logos, and ethos, krakauer uses a majority of pathos. Do not get me wrong, pathos is a very effective rhetoric to use; however, instead of being object he writes very biased about Chris McCandless. His opinion is fine but he seems to develop the book mainly based on his own opinion and feelings rather then solid facts that you can see. So i guess if I was going go write a book like this, I would dedicate myself to massive research and then write from an objective viewpoint instead of just spewing out what I thought or felt about the character.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. The author uses so many pathos to describe McCandless. He doesn't write his own feeling directly. On the contrast, he uses other people's memory and comments to describe what kinda of person McCandless is. I think that's the most succeful point of this book. It is attractive so that audience can keep reading it. If it if full of the author's own comments, I don't think I will like it.

    ReplyDelete