Wednesday, February 24, 2010

When things do not go the way you want in life, most people tend to withdraw or wish for a way to escape from the world. I think that these men just had very difficult issues with their family. I know even with my family that there are sometimes I just wish I could go away and not have to worry about any of it. The only thing is life is life and it gives you hard times. Sometimes life and family knock you down but you have to keep on going anyway. If I decided to give up on life every time that someone hurt me or made me upset well then I would have given up LONG ago. Living life through the hard times is what makes you a strong and independent person. I think that these men just were not strong enough to face that they had problems in their life and families. They wanted to just go on with life as if nothing was wrong but its not possible. When problems in your life are not dealt with, you tend to spiral downward and do crazy things that you would not normally do. Sometimes problems arise with family like insecurity or not feeling approval from parents, especially dads, but there should be no obstacle big enough to separate family.

4 comments:

  1. When I have issues with my parents, I only want to go away and keep silence. These guys choossed to be in the wild to avoid the conflicts with their families. I don't think it is a good way because they didn't try to solve the problems. In this way, they were reckless and stupid, especially they lost their lives finally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruess and McCandless venturing into the wild, had somewhat to do with the struggle of thier families. I'm sure when they were going through the thought process of escaping into the wild some family issues did fuel their decision to actually go with their plans. Although, I feel like there was more of a deeper meaning and reason on why they left into the wild then just family issues. These men were very intelligent and they questioned a lot of things about the world and society. I feel as though that were their drive to escape into the wild. Maybe if they did have a closer realtionship with their family things could have turned out different. How they grew up and feelings towards their families shaped them who they are. If they were closer, their personalites could have turned out totatlly different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you to a certain point. When things start to get rough, you just want to run away and act like if nothing ever happened. I agree. But I disagree with the whole "family can knock you down" I believe no matter what family is always there for you. No matter what you do, they will still love you and respect you. Also, I part that I agree with is sometimes when things get hard or you just want to get away from it all, you may do things that are not necessarily "normal" or things that may not be realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats a great outlook on life to just keep your head up and not give up when things are hard. if chris and everette had dont that they probably would have lived alot longer

    ReplyDelete